What is our commitment?
We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, religions, sexualities, gender identities, ages, abilities, backgrounds, and countries of origin. This commitment will be reflected in our programming, audience, outreach and all connected with the Playhouse — management, staff, trustees, volunteers and vendors.
Our Diversity/Equity/Inclusion/Access (DEIA) plan was formally adopted by the Playhouse Board of Trustees in 2018. It reflects our ongoing commitment to creating a DEIA-based environment that reflects the diversity of our community. As a living document, it will be updated annually.
Ongoing Commitments and Action Items for the 2020-21 Season:
• Provide anti-racism training for Board, staff and volunteers
• Continue to produce BIPOC plays on both stages, every season
• Hire diverse creative teams
• Practice color-conscious casting
• Include land acknowledgement in programs and at first rehearsals
• Conduct marketing audit by a BIPOC consultant
• Hire a cultural consultant for educational touring shows
• Re-examine “10 out of 12” tech rehearsals and the production calendar for re-opening and beyond
• Host bi-weekly DEIA discussions for theatre staff
• Review existing job descriptions for language and requirements
• Focus Board Diversity and Nominating Committees on BIPOC Board recruitment
• Commit to interviewing diverse candidates in our search for a new Managing Director